Nowadays, almost everyone has to use their native language through messages. First of all, we need to know that Google is helping us a lot every day. Sending new product updates to us and we can move forward to work as easily as possible.
Here it comes Google Indic Keyboard, this is a Google’s product and is very beneficial for people seeking a convenient way to type their native language in Android devices.
Google Indic Keyboard
The name of this app is Google Indic Keyboard which is created by Google. This is a great app where you can do typing in several regional languages, including Hindi. In the Google Indic Keyboard app, you get a lot of features, which makes this app more special.
You can write in many languages with the Google Indic Keyboard app. This keyboard has 10 regional languages including Hindi. These include Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu languages.
This app has been downloaded by 100 millions people from google play store. Those people who do typing in their native language such as Hindi, usually use this app the most.
For this, you have to first download and install it from google play store and then have to do its setting, after which you can start typing in your native language.
Key Features of Google Indic Keyboard
Like we told you that you get many features in the Google Indic Keyboard app. Which helps you to type in Hindi as well. So let’s know about some key features of the Google Indic Keyboard app, where you can start typing in your native language.
- In this, you can do Typing in many native languages.
- In this, you can also type in Hindi.
- In this, you get many keyboard designs.
- It automatically gets the spelling correct feature.
- In this, you are shown the auto-suggestion word simultaneously.
- In this, you also get chatting stickers.
- In this, you can also type in English with an English keyboard.
- In this, you are given the option of both English and all native languages.
Many special features have been used in Google Indic Keyboard. In which the transliteration mode is given. Its specialty is that in this, the output of the English word written through the user’s OK Google (Google’s voice assistant) will be available in the Hindi language.
Apart from this, the handwriting feature given in the application supports only the Hindi language instead of any other language. With its help, users can write directly on the phone. Along with this, you will also have Hinglish mode available which gives information about English and Hinglish words.
As we’ve discussed, the Google Indic Keyboard app is available on the Google Play Store, which users can download for free. The special thing is that this keyboard has 10 regional languages including Hindi. These include Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu languages.
Download and Activate Google Indic Keyboard
- First of all, go to the app store of your Android mobile and type ‘google indic keyboard’ and download this app or click here .
- After this go to Setting> Language & Input (‘Settings’> Language & Alphabets) of your mobile
- In the keyboard and input method there, select “google indic keyboard” and delete “google keyboard”
If you do not feel comfortable with the above method, then read this brief on how to install and setup Google Indic Keyboard from the following:
How to Install and Setup Google Indic Keyboard?
If you want to install it now, then the information about how to do it is given below.
- To start typing Hindi, first install Google Indic Keyboard from Play Store.
To download this Google Indic Keyboard, first, you will go to Google play store. You have to write in the search bar, Google Indic keyboard. Then its name and icon will appear.
On this, you have to click on the install Google Indic Keyboard app. Your install will be completed in seconds or in a few minutes. The size of this application is 20.66MB. This is a very useful app, you can use it frequently.
- After opening it, it will ask for some settings and permissions that you have to allow.
As soon as your application is installed, after installing it, you have to open it. After opening, the first thing you need to consider is enabling this application in settings, you have to enable some settings in your mobile.
- In the first setting, you have to select the keyboard, for this, turn Google Indic Keyboard on.
As soon as you click enable in settings, it will manage to open the keyboard on your mobile. You will see the Google Indic keyboard written. After enabling, you have to turn the Turning on the keyboard to OK.
- Now you have to select the input method, for this, select the option English and Indic Language.
Then after this, you have to change the input method by selecting it. After this, the keyboard has to be selected in language.
In this way, you can change your native language by selecting an input language, and you can change it anytime as soon as you want it in English or other ones.
- After this comes the option of permission which you have to allow, now click on Accept.
- On sliding the right, you can also select your desired theme in it, after choosing the theme, click on Get Started.
- Even after this, you will have to do a little more setting.
On clicking Get Started, you have to first turn off the language of the system by clicking on the option Select Input Language. This will turn on the English and Indic language automatically in Google’s app, after which you have to come out of this app.
When you use Google’s keyboard for the first time, you will see an icon to select the language. On clicking on it, you will see English to Hindi keyboard and keyboard with the letter Hindi Typing.
You have to click on English to Hindi, after this your keyboard is ready for typing Hindi. Whatever you type in it will be written in the Hindi language. Now you can easily type in your language anywhere on your Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or mobile.
If you have to type back in English, then you have to switch the input language again. With this, the keyboard will start typing in English, similarly you can also select other 10 regional languages.
If you are comfortable typing in the Hindi language with Google’s Indic ‘keyboard and want to type in Hindi likewise on your Android mobile phone, then this can be done easily as we’ve discussed above.
Although, if you use mobile with Google’s Android operating system, then you must download this Google Indic Keyboard in your mobile and type texts in your native language, including Hindi.